Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Love After Divorce, Is it real?

Recently, I started looking through some old blogs of mine, and a particular passage from one of my entries caught my eye. This blog entry, found on my Emotions Untangled blog, just happened to be talking about my ex-husband, although brief, and went on to talk about love. The passage reads as follows:

"Love is an emotional bond that no one wants to let go of easily. It makes you do things that you never would have imagined doing otherwise. It carries no boundaries and will do whatever is in it's power to keep that love alive until, ultimately, there is nothing more you can do"

This passage made me realize what I want out of life romantically. I wanted someone that would fight for me, and I am not talking about physically. I want to know, is love really out there for me, and if it is, where is it? Although, I don't dwell on where my life may lead in that department, or how long it may be for something like this to happen, I still like to ponder the idea of love after divorce.

This brings me to think of a quote that I read recently on Facebook by Dr. Seuss. It reads, "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." As silly as that sounds, it has some truth in it. Since no one of us has a true definition of what normal really is, weird is actually among each and every one of us, no matter how small or large.

I do believe in love after divorce. No matter how weird it may be, my weird match is out there. No matter the boundaries, the power of love is out there. Love is out there for all of us. It only asks for one thing, and that is patience. Patience is something that I held close, and will always hold close.

Before I let you go, I wanted to make a comment about something my friend did recently. She threw a Divorce Party. I thought this was a great idea. Basically, she invited everyone she knew that was either divorced or separated. This is great because it gives you an opportunity to talk to others, share stories, and basically celebrate your new found life!


No comments:

Post a Comment